Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ghost VFX / Gori I Timelapse case study

   One more fresh'n'new commercial from Ghost. I joined project in later stages but helped a bit with concept art and delivering some plates for compositors. Was super fun and I'm really excited to see final result :)



And here are some of paint overs i did in the middle of the process. My colleagues delivered raw renders to me and my task was to come up with ideas how to simply make it look better than it is. So i did superquick paint overs on these 3D renders.


Windy autumn. I painted some sunbeams and made all scene a bit more messy in a way. Storm clouds, flying leaves and color tint towards evening yellowish colors. It also helperd to create more feeling of the autumn.

Cold morning. Same method I used like in the picture above. Main idea was to paint more morning frost and make audience feel like it's really cold early morning.


Mid-winter clear sky day. Definitely picture was lacking some fresh cold winter atmosphere. I also accentuated all light in the scene. Painting rim light on characters back was pretty good solution, it helped to "cut out" the character so its more visible.

No comments: